Thanks for the comments!

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 11:10 AM Vladimir Levin <vmp...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 7:06 AM 'Dustin Mitchell' via blink-dev <
> blink-dev@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> Contact emailsdjmit...@chromium.org
>>
>> Explainer
>> https://github.com/djmitche/web-explainers/blob/main/sec-ch-ua-form-factor.md
>>
>> Specification
>> https://wicg.github.io/ua-client-hints/#sec-ch-ua-form-factor
>>
>> Design docs
>>
>> https://github.com/djmitche/web-explainers/blob/main/sec-ch-ua-form-factor.md
>>
>> Summary
>>
>> This hint indicates the "form-factor" of the user-agent / device, so that
>> the site can tailor its response.
>>

>> Blink componentBlink>Network
>> <https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?q=component:Blink%3ENetwork>
>>
>> Search tagsua-ch <https://chromestatus.com/features#tags:ua-ch>, uach
>> <https://chromestatus.com/features#tags:uach>, form-factor
>> <https://chromestatus.com/features#tags:form-factor>
>>
>> TAG reviewThis feature simply adds a new hint to the existing set of
>> hints, containing data that was previously represented in the user-agent
>> string.
>>

> Although this info may be available, I suspect this can be a new channel
> of information for clients that override the user-agent string or where
> this information isn't provided in the user-agent string. I don't believe
> this to be a problem, but just something to consider

That's a good point, and likely needs to be considered for all client
hints. Do you think it's worth adding an issue in
https://github.com/WICG/ua-client-hints to track this?

>> TAG review statusNot applicable
>>
>> Risks
>>

>> Interoperability and Compatibility
>>
>> If other browsers do not implement this hint, then the information will
>> only be available in Chrome, and other browsers will implicitly return an
>> empty value.
>>

>> *Gecko*: No signal
>>
>> *WebKit*: No signal
>>

> Can you please file requests for positions for both Gecko and WebKit?

Gecko: https://mozilla.github.io/standards-positions/#ua-client-hints
Webkit:
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2024-February/032618.html