On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 5:26 PM 'Maksim Orlovich' via blink-dev <
blink-dev@chromium.org> wrote:

> Note: https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/pull/1230 is an updated link for
> the second spec clarification pull requests, and the first one of the two
> has landed.
>

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2024 at 4:40 PM Paul Jensen <pauljen...@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Contact emails
>>
>> pauljen...@chromium.org
>>

>> Explainer
>>
>> https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/pull/1156

https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/blob/main/FLEDGE.md#311-cross-origin-trusted-server-signals
is an easier way of reading the same explainer text.

>> Specification
>>
>> https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/pull/1197
>>
>> Side note: there are two related clarification spec PRs (1
>> <https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/pull/1225>, 2
>> <https://github.com/morlovich/turtledove/pull/4>) that are soon to land
>> but our spec mentor is fine with the spec in its current state, because the
>> new PRs are queued up, even if they don't land right away. The serious meat
>> in the main PR is in place, and any gaps in interoperability are right
>> behind.
>>

>> Summary
>>
>> This feature allows the Protected Audience (PA) API to fetch real-time
>> bidding and scoring signals from origins other than the origin of the buyer
>> and seller's scripts. This is done by enabling CORS on these requests and
>> some additional checks and requirements, and changes to prevent misuse.

Can you expand on the "changes to prevent misuse" part?
What misuse are we concerned with? What have we done to avoid it?