as far as I know, Speechd-el hasn't been updated in years. I've used Speechd-el, and it reminds me more of Narrator as compared to NVDA, being Emacspeak. Sure it might could be made to act more like Emacspeak, but users generally don't want to spend that much time adding sound icons, setting them to trigger on certain events, all that.

On 11/4/2016 7:35 AM, Fernando Botelho wrote:
Thanks very much for this suggestion Raphaë.

Best regards,

Fernando

On 11/04/2016 07:38 AM, Raphaël POITEVIN wrote:
Dear Fernando,
-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Re: A new tts on Linux
Date : Thu, 3 Nov 2016 14:38:04 -0200
De : Fernando Botelho <fernando.bote...@f123.org>
Répondre à : fernando.bote...@f123.org, Linux for blind general
discussion <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Pour : Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@redhat.com>

Would your team have the skills to develop a speech server for Emacspeak
to use Speech-Dispatcher and eSpeak?

I don't know any thing about EmacSpeak. I'm asrtonished that plugin doesn't have already any connection with speech-dispatcher. But, if you don't have any reason to use absolutely Emacspeak, why don't use speechd-el which is more recent and still maintained?
https://devel.freebsoft.org/speechd-el

Alternatively, would your team be able to create a BASH script that
automates the installation and configuration of Emacspeak and eSpeak
inside an Arch Linux machine?

I don't use Arch, but I can see it exists a package for speechd-el:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/emacs-speechd-el-git/

Regards,

Raphaël