Hi,

It's a good idea, indeed. FYI, Debian has started a such project in Blends:

http://blends.debian.org/accessibility

Maybe it can be a point of beginning of a packages list with a tree?

Alternatively, to create a kind of structure of packages with deps, we
can use a wiki such as

http://trac.clfs.org/wiki/cblfs#CBLFS

Regards,

Le 18/04/2017 à 17:23, Eric Oyen a écrit :
> here is one thing that might be distro independent: create an accessibility
> package set. This would include the required libs, scripts, binaries and
> config files needed to make any distro accessible. It would include
> emacspeak, BrlTTY, ORCA, the appropriate audio drivers and libraries and even
> access to the kernel modules required to make it all work.
>
> Now, since some of the packages needed will be dependencies for other things
> (like sound and scripting like python), it shouldn't be all that difficult to
> gather everything else.
>
> Having this setup so that any distro can be made accessible would definitely
> be a plus. Honestly, making this a standard package set will go a long way
> toward allowing us access to any distro, regardless of package management
> system, layout or Desktop environment.
>
> -eric
>
> On Apr 18, 2017, at 7:28 AM, John G Heim wrote:
>
>> Just fedora? Not vidora or something like that? Hey, if you guys end up
>> calling your distro vidora, I want credit. :-)
>>
>> I look at the debate over whether it is better to have a distro for the
>> blind or to work on improving mainstream distros like the debate over barley
>> versus wheat beers. Personally, I prefer barley beers over any and all wheat
>> beers. But if someone wants to brew a wheat beer, it's fine with me and I'd
>> even help out if they asked. It's a matter of good and better. In other
>> words, my opinion is that even if you think it would be better if these
>> developers spent their time on mainstream distros, we should all still
>> recognize that what they are doing is really helpful.  Don't let the perfect
>> be the enemy of the good.
>>
>> On 04/18/2017 08:45 AM, Jude dDaShiell wrote:
>>> Last i read, both sonargnulinux and vinux were in the process of merging
>>> into Fedora and that first release was supposed to have happened
>>> sometime in April 2017 and would be called Fedora 26.0.  What has
>>> happened since then I do not now know.
>>>
>>> Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r> for iPhone
>>>
>>> On Apr 18, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Tony Baechler <t...@baechler.net
>>> <mailto:t...@baechler.net>> wrote:
>>> Sorry for the late reply, but see comments below.

>>> OK, but why do we, as a community, need a special distro? Yes, it's free
>>> software, so there is certainly nothing stopping you as long as you realize
>>> it's your pet distro along with the about 300 others on distrowatch.com
>>> <http://distrowatch.com>. I
>>> would much rather have a popular, mainstream distro which includes great
>>> accessibility like Debian and derivatives.

>>> Yes, Debian still supports accessibility. Every alpha release of D-I has
>>> accessibility features and fixes.

>>> These pages should be fairly current and are often updated by Debian
>>> developers like Samuel Thibault.

signature_jp
Logo Hypra
Photo Jean-Philippe MENGUAL *JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL**
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ*
adresse84, quai de Jemappes, 75010, Paris
téléphone+331 84 71 06 61 <tel:+33%201%2000%2000%2000%2000>
courieljpmeng...@hypra.fr
site webwww.hypra.fr
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/>Twitter Hypra
<https://twitter.com/Hypra_>Linkedin