I remember that Icon thing. I actually wanted one at the time I saw it, but first off, I never had the budget for it and felt that the price was a bit steep, and worse still, I was already using Espeak at that time, and was highly disappointed to learn that at least then, I wasn't able to change the voice it used. The voice it came with hurt my ears, especially on those little cheap speakers on the smaller unit, and when I told the company representative this, and asked if I could use a different voice, I got a rather evil sounding laugh indicating how dare I even speak such blasphemy. So I decided at that time that I wouldn't even try to find all that money, and I'm glad I did, as I now have a full Linux desktop made from off-the-shelf hardware, talking, capable of running from an external battery, equipped with a wireless keyboard and all for less than $200.
~Kyle