That's right a list of directories and files too. Start it up again and hit control-g and you get the help. It's a file manager utility that enables several single letter operations on files and directories once a directory or file is highlighted.

On Sat, 17 Jun 2017, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 10:09:24
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@redhat.com>
To: blinux <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Subject: Pilot, as mentioned in my other thread.

Mark Here,
Ok, someone's gotta explain pilot to me.  I started it by typing pilot, but got
a list of directories.  How would I use it to edit a text file, or
possibly in alpine as an editor?
I'm curious, and that's dangerous!  Hahahahaha!

in2014
Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552
Everything happens after coffee!