I'm not a braille user, Orca is the only python application I use, and
I dislike having to install software I won't be using. For those
running a full desktop environment, it probably doesn't make much
difference, but considering I do everything but web browsing from the
command line and that Orca, Firefox, and their combined dependencies
account for the majority of what's on my root partition and probably
an even larger share of my RAM and CPU usage, I feel like the only
viable solution I found thus far is rather bloated and is somewhat
akin to using an Office Suite when a text editor would get the job
done.

That said, I have zero expectations that my opinions will have any
impact on the pathOrca development will take, but if I had the skill,
time, and dedication to work on such a project or the money to hire a
dedicated team of suitably skilled coders, a fork of Orca with goals
of greater modularity, reducing its dependency on Python and other
optional libraries, and improving compatibility with LXDE would be on
the list of contributions I'd want to make to accessibility.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.