On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

There is zero configuration of proxy, it is just a LTE <-> wifi hotspot. I suspect some caching (or commercial interest) at their end.

I have no insight in how T-Moble does things, but I know that vendors pitch video/image compression stuff and you want to put it *before* it goes out the radio network (because that's the expensive resource), so that's why my guess it's doing the image-rewriting not in the end user box, but in a centrally placed device in their network.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se