I don't know.
From my personal experience, I feel like the "expert" wearing ties
watch the speed meter and the needle moving across the red bar.

We just need to be sure about the colors: when the latency goes into the crazy region the needle has to cross a RED bar! GREEN is good, RED is bad (exceptions apply in case of daltonism).

Maybe I'm oversimplifying... but not that much...

If your solution is to educate people with ties on Internet congestion control I feel bad...

Luca