On Wed, 13 Dec 2017, Jonathan Morton wrote:

The one "correct" argument against ack-filtering I've seen is that it
encourages (or rather validates) the use of extreme asymmetry ratios.

I would sure rather have a extremely asymmetric ration than a 'proper' ratio with the same upstream bandwidth.

I really doubt that choosing to badly support extreme ratios will stop or even slow down the deployment, and the technology continues to develop in ways that make such ratios more common (it's much easier to spend money on signal processing for a central box than for all the endpoint products)

David Lang