I should explain that my motivation in writing the previous review is twofold:

1) I think the authors are very capable of doing great and valuable work. And
they have in the past done so.

2) Intellectual honesty, professional honesty, and rigor are values that seem
to have been declining over the years, in favor of a pragmatic sense that
anything that can get published is important. (I think it has been reinforced
by the idea that counting publications in good journals is the only metric of
scientific contribution that counts, even at MIT). To me, this is a VERY
important value. I learned that from my mentors, Jerry Saltzer and F.J.
Corbato, who were relentless in making sure publications were worthy.