> On 1 Sep, 2020, at 9:45 pm, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen via Bloat
> <bloat@lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>
> CAKE takes the global qdisc lock.

Presumably this is a default mechanism because CAKE doesn't handle any locking
itself.

Obviously it would need to be replaced with at least a lock over CAKE's
complete data structures, taking the lock on each entry point and releasing it
at each return point, and I assume there is a flag we can set to indicate we do
so.  Finer-grained locking might be possible, but CAKE is fairly complex so
that might be hard to implement.  Locking per CAKE instance would at least
allow running ingress and egress on different CPUs.

Is there an example anywhere on how to do this?

 - Jonathan Morton