On 7 Nov 2020, at 17:46, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

Did the latency issue happen during this this perf recording?
(it is obviously important that you record during the issue)

yes it was recorded during the transfer, while it exhibited the issue

I let the transfer run some time, then did the perf extract, stopped the transfer afterwards.

Finding a single latency event/issue in perf.data is like looking in
for needle in a haystack.  It does give hints and e.g. tell me details
like what part of the kernel are used/activated.

I can see that you have likely configured XPS (Transmit Packet
Steering). Is this on purpose?

Not on purpose, I assume it comes from the Mellanox Card.

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer