Also a PC Engines APU4 will do the job
(https://inonius.net/results/?userId=17996087f5e8 - this is a
1gbit/1gbit, with Openwrt/sqm-scripts set to 900/900.  ISP is Sony NURO
in Japan). Will follow this thread to know if some interesting device
popup :)

https://inonius.net/results/?userId=17996087f5e8

On 6/22/2021 6:12 AM, Sebastian Moeller wrote:

On 22 June 2021 06:00:48 CEST, Stephen Hemminger <step...@networkplumber.org>
wrote:
Is there any consumer hardware that can actually keep up and do AQM at
1Gbit.
         Over in the OpenWrt forums the same question pops up routinely once
per week. The best answer ATM seems to be a combination of a raspberry pi4B
with a decent USB3 gigabit ethernet dongle, a managed switch and any capable
(OpenWrt) AP of the user's liking. With 4 arm A72 cores the will traffic shape
up to a gigabit as reported by multiple users.

It seems everyone seems obsessed with gamer Wifi 6. But can only do
300Mbit single
stream with any kind of QoS.
IIUC most commercial home routers/APs bet on offload engines to do most of the
heavy lifting, but as far as I understand only the NSS cores have a shaper and
fq_codel module....

It doesn't help that all the local ISP's claim 10Mbit upload even with
1G download.
Is this a head end provisioning problem or related to Docsis 3.0 (or
later) modems?
For DOCSIS the issue seems to be an unfortunate frequency split between up and
downstream and use of lower efficiency coding schemes .
Over here the incumbent cable isp provisions  fifty Mbps for upstream and plans
to increase that to hundred once the upstream is switched to docsis 3.1.
I believe one issue is that since most of the upstream is required for the
reverse ACK traffic for the download and hence it can not be oversubscribed too
much.... but I think we have real docsis experts on the list, so I will stop my
speculation here...

Regards
          Sebastian