Well compared to simply using the "raw" latency increase under load number and
describe this as a cost or price (so everybody intuitively understands lower is
better), the frequency approach drags in a not strictly necessary division.
That raw period/duration nicely avoids all the issues that appear once the
period/divisor gets (close to) zero... Also, I like to think about delay in
terms of havin a budget (for specific use cases) and I think it useful to be
able to decompose that aggregate budget into terms for individual delay
introducing steps.

But people clearly did not flock to to raw RTT numbers, so my intuition
apparently is not useful guidance...