thank you. I just ranted there also. Having tilted at that windmill
today, I am going to go do some real work....

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=31041494

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 9:55 AM Dave Collier-Brown
<dave.collier-br...@indexexchange.com> wrote:

> I added this comment via Hacker News
>
> "Packet loss" is more interesting to nerds than consumers, who don't know
> what it means. Arguably it needs a better name.
> "Delays due to retransmission" is short enough to fit the label, and is what
> a packet loss means _to the reader of the label_, rather than to me.
>
> --dave
>

> On 4/15/22 10:47, Dave Taht wrote:
>
> "We believe that metrics beyond bandwidth such as latency and jitter
> (the variance in latency) have grown appreciably in importance and
> that should be reflected in policy going forward."
>
> - https://blog.cloudflare.com/breaking-down-broadband-nutrition-labels/
>
> It also includes a number for "typical packet loss": .08%
>
> I miss when we could do a discussion in line with a blog, or via
> email, in this case, they post urls to reddit, etc, at the end.
>
> Follow on Twitter
>
> David Tuber |@tubes__
> Mike Conlow |@mikeconlow
> Cloudflare |Cloudflare
>

> --
> David Collier-Brown,         | Always do right. This will gratify
> System Programmer and Author | some people and astonish the rest
> dave.collier-br...@indexexchange.com |              -- Mark Twain
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER : This telecommunication, including any
> and all attachments, contains confidential information intended only for the
> person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any dissemination, distribution, copying
> or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of confidentiality.
> If you have received this telecommunication in error, please notify the
> sender immediately by return electronic mail and delete the message from your
> inbox and deleted items folders. This telecommunication does not constitute
> an express or implied agreement to conduct transactions by electronic means,
> nor does it constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment or an
> acceptance of a contract offer. Contract terms contained in this
> telecommunication are subject to legal review and the completion of formal
> documentation and are not binding until same is confirmed in writing and has
> been signed by an authorized signatory.

I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC