--On Saturday, June 03, 2023 7:44 PM +0300 Jonathan Morton via Bloat <bloat@lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

When your available bandwidth varies over time, that can be inconvenient.
There are methods, however, of observing how available capacity tends to
change over time (typically on diurnal and weekly patterns, if the
variations are due to congestion in the ISP backhaul or peering) and
scheduling adjustments on that basis.  If you have more information on
your situation, we might be able to give more detailed advice.

Are there any good solutions for regularly recomputing the bandwidth on a consumer link? I'm running the Linux SQM scripts to launch cake on a recent Debian system and CoDel on a CentOS 7 gateway. I set the bandwidth manually based on periodic manual speed tests. I'd love to automate that.