Linus Lüssing via Bloat <bloat@lists.bufferbloat.net> writes:

> I was wondering, have there been any tests with multicast on a
> recent OpenWrt with FQ-Codel or Cake, do these queueing machanisms
> work as a viable, fair congestion control option for multicast,
> too? Has anyone looked at / tested this?

FQ-CoDel or CAKE on the interface probably wouldn't help much (there's a
reason we put it into the WiFi stack instead of the qdisc layer).

However, AQL in the WiFi stack could control the multicast/broadcast
queue. It does not currently do so, however, but Felix sent an RFC patch
to enable this back in February. So this may turn up at some point in
the future in a WiFi stack near you:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20240209184730.69589-1-...@nbd.name

-Toke