CCing Blue-Obelisk list

Am Freitag, den 16.02.2007, 17:11 -0500 schrieb Geoffrey Hutchison:

[..]
> One thing I noticed in your blog was a mention of the new "magic"
> bits. That's long been a hope for Open Babel, but the main problem
> has been a lack of enough example files. Thus, the test file
> repository was born:
>
> http://openbabel.sourceforge.net/wiki/Repository
>
> This has fallen a bit out of maintenance, but I'd like to revive it.
> In particular, if you have a selection of files you can contribute,
> I'd really appreciate it. For example, I have recent versions of
> ChemDraw, but you seem to have a full set of files!

Only some user contributed examples and

> It may make more sense for this to be run out of Blue Obelisk, but
> please let me know if you have feedback on it.

I agree. ATM almost every project has a large repository of test-files.
Jmol comes with > 100MB of test-files an CDK has around 70MB of test
files. Your own repository comes with about 45MB of data. Locally I have
around 70MB of files, only for just a few MIME types (not all), and I
need more. So what about a united data repository for test-files (maybe
as own "module" of blue-obelisk)? Such a central repository would also
allow a strict structuring of the data (valid/invalid formats, testing
of files with a wrong extension, ...). The test-implementations itself
(C/C++/XML/XSLT/Java/... code), should then be part of the related
projects (should be simple, to write the necessary code for ant/make to
download the SVN tree of test files).

What is your opinion?

subject adjusted
Regards, Daniel