On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Craig James <craig_ja...@emolecules.com>wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > What to do? I really don’t know. I can think of the following:

> Perhaps this history has been discussed before, but why is the outlook so
> bleak?  I would think the IETF's job is to encourage such contributions.

Well Henry and I put in a lot of effort and ad the end they decided it was
only to do with hardware devices. But times have changed and the spec is
deployed so let's give it another go.

I am happy to try another justification on the grounds that it's the least
of various evils. I assume it still has to go through a Draft rather than
IANA. But of course we might be able to go to IANA directly.

P.

> Craig

> Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America
> contest
> Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
> $10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in
> marketing
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics