On 5 June 2011 13:56, Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi.g...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:24 AM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > Proposal
>> > =======
>> > We create a Shapado for computational chemistry (QC, MD and similar)
>> > which
>> > answers any questions (not just those on Open Source). [I am assuming
>> > this
>> > does not already exist]. The Openness comes from the Open discussion and
>> > the
>> > desire to create Open practices and resources but it should follow the
>> > SO
>> > practice that any codes, any data, any workplace is welcome. (Product
>> > information in response to genuine questions is allowed but not product
>> > placement - advertising). It must be Open in that the site should not be
>> > "closable" later as happens with many free-as-in-beer sites. I am
>> > assuming
>> > that it will have a good membership of BO+Q members but anyone can play.
>>
>> I think Noel had initiated a proposal on StackOverflow for a new Q&A
>> site for comp chem.
>
> Look forward to hearing Noel's views

This was not initiated by me, but I've signed up to support it:
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/19727/computational-natural-sciences

They keep changing the scope (feature creep), so that now it includes
comp biol, phys too. I think that's a mistake. Comp chem will be
swamped out. Not enough people have signed up to support it yet, so I
don't know if it's going to make it out of beta.

- Noel