Hi everyone,

On Feb 10 2014, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Saulius Gražulis <grazu...@ibt.lt> wrote:
>
> > Dear colleagues,
> >
> > during the two very exciting weeks of hacking with Peter Murray-Rust, in
> > Vilnius, he suggested that I join the Blue Obelisk community and the
> > mailing list.
> >

> And I awarded Saulius a Blue Obelisk in recognition of the massive
> contribution to chemical Open Data that COD has made.  We are about to see
> this expand even further.

Welcome Saulius! Although I am myself not a frequent author on this mailing
list,
I've noticed COD before and liek it!

> > Peter has told me that the NWChem group, who is present on this mailing
> > list :), has done a large work in developing ontologies to describe
> > various computational methods and encode (meta)data in CML. It seems to
> > me like a good idea to join our efforts, to make a set of descriptions
> > and quality criteria endorsed by computational community, and to have a
> > comprehensive representation of computation results in TCOD.
> >
> > The BO community is indebted to all authors of fully Open source code
> (FLOSS) of which NWChem is one. The NWChem community has also been
> presented with an obelisk because of not only open-sourcing the code  but
> their commitment to community development of vocabularies.

@Peter and others: does NWChem write CML? I was planning to do some work
on a NWChem parser in cclib (which will export CML itself), but if NWChem
already writes CML that would not be a priority.

Cheers,
Karol

--
written by Karol M. Langner