Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

> Well nobody seemed interested in helping so I have to do it myself :-(
> Please help if you can - I have to run the Jean-Claude meeting on Monday.
> I plan to try pandoc.
[snip]

The last time I checked - around half a year ago - there were no open-source
or widespread tools to do, what you want *and* create a reasonable result.
Creating .DOC or .ODT files from TeX input AFAIK is not a trivial use case ...
although I never understood, why this (still) is the case for the XML-based
ODT standard and standard TeX modules. Both TeX and XML are markup languages?!

However, pandoc never worked for me and latex2rtf created a .DOC without
any formatting, missing images, broken citations (seems my style wasn't
supported) and so on. So this resulted in a lot of manual work. So IMHO:
What you request is not an easy task even for experienced users and
especially if you expect some custom layout in the result.

There are some (free) online services, where you can push the .TEX source
and they then send you a .DOC or .ODT after processing it. There are even
some commercial tools, which do cost something.

I would highly appreciate better FOSS tools to create .ODT or .DOC from
TeX input. But I guess one of the main issues here is, that TeX can be
extended with modules and such a tool would probably never be able to
deal with unknown-to-him TeX modules.

Regards, Daniel