Hi all,

a quick update. Thanks to everyone here who signed. We now have a group of
about 40 people together from 12 countries. It hasn't even come close to
going "viral" but the message is simply not as simple as "Too Risky!".
Also, the text is dense and complex.

All help is welcome. There is a lot of Blue Obelisk heritage in this
document, but my social web is also biased. Worse, I am no longer on
platform like Facebook or LinkedIn and cannot share there. Another thing is
that we may want to translate it? Ideas welcome. My social web is getting
exhausted.

Currently, these countries are missing, one which is definitely represented
on this mailing list: Germany. But South-America and Africa are completely
missing too, and being large continents with plenty of countries, let's try
to get representation from there too. Ideas?

The deadline actually is Friday afternoon (CET) giving us two extra days,
but let's try to reach more than 100.

We really need to have Plan S to be about Open Data, Open Source, and Open
Standards, not just CC-BY articles. Plan S and the Guidance actually does a
lot of steps in this direction, and it's important they get support too,
not just complaints. We must fuel the people in cOAlition S that want Open
Science. We must show them there is a significant research community that
wants that too.

Egon