Also, there is an ongoing 'bucket list papers' project: https://www.medchemica.com/bucket-list/ which might be relevant.

Best,
Kevin

On 03/09/2019 17:48, Craig James wrote:

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 6:01 AM Christoph Steinbeck <christoph.steinb...@uni-jena.de <mailto:christoph.steinb...@uni-jena.de>> wrote:

    for teaching and documentation purposes, I would like to compile,
    with your help, a list of seminal papers in cheminformatics.
    It could be hosted on BlueOblisk.org and be a guidance for teaching
    and learning.

 A good resource for this could be John Bradshaw and David Livingston's chapter, "A History of the Development of Data Mining in Pharmaceutical Research <https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/9780470567623.ch1>". John was an avid science historian and gave a really fun talk at Daylight one year. <https://www.daylight.com/meetings/mug01/Bradshaw/History/1024x768/Strings_and_Things/sld001.htm> I haven't read the Wiley book, but I imagine it has a lot of good references and is a thorough history.

Craig

--
Craig A. James