Post install scripts … Generally, it is running a bunch of constructors or
other scripts that are making sure your settings are correct for the PHP
version.  Without more data, I could not tell you with certainty the root cause
of your problem. The next time you do an install, open a shell before
installing and run some PS or TOP commands to find out what your server is
doing… Share back the name of anything that stands out, and we can dig further…

GK