Hi all,

On 2/21/2017 5:21 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
Hi Greg,

While upgrading the kernel would be helpful, it is not the answer.
I had a chat to Chris, and he had a report of someone once with a similar
problem but was unable to recall the solution.

It is absolutely the answer. To a two part problem. OpenVZ Kernel and
OpenVZ Tools need to match. If you're running 116 and 120.18 is actual,
then you're so far behind that all bets are off.

Just for the sake of chiming in, the kernel update also fixes some other seemingly unrelated little issues. For instance, we have had tickets from other customers in the last couple of days who have had issues with firewalls not operating as expected and the inability to create a new VPS.

Therefore, we're going to make it a policy to start looking at the running kernel on the host node and if it's old and creaky, recommend a reboot to load the new kernel first before digging into more complicated possibilities.

To be clear - I *hate* rebooting a perfectly good server. However, sometimes you just gotta do what you've gotta do. Especially when that perfectly good server stops acting perfectly good.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services