Hi Meaulnes,

After having transferred a domain to another domain host, I wanted to delete its DNS entries on my server in Server Management > Network Services > DNS > Select Domain...

Is there a way to previously backup all the records of that domain in one go for easy restore? Of course I could copy all the records as text files and restore them manually if required, but maybe there is a more efficient way?

In that case the easiest way would be to back up the DNS Zone files themselves.

You can find them in this directory on the BlueOnyx:

/var/named/chroot/var/named/

If the Vsite was named company.com, then these will be the files you need to backup:

/var/named/chroot/var/named/db.company.com
/var/named/chroot/var/named/db.company.com~
/var/named/chroot/var/named/db.company.com.include

If need be, you can import the DNS again form them by pointing /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsImport.pl to the directory where you have these files.

--
With best regards

Michael Stauber