Hi Charles, :-)

I have proofread, edited (no changes of your intentions), reformatted,
etc., the Bylaws. I removed all remaining notes. The text could be
considered "good to go", barring 4 points below.

I like the "Solemn Address and Impeachment of the Board of Directors"
clause. On reflection, it certainly addresses the greater part of *my*
concerns.

However:

1) In the "Revisions of the Community Bylaws" section, I would request
to add this sentence: "The Community must be notified of any changes
whatsoever to the Bylaws through an explicit public announcement via a
commonly-consulted public medium."

(In practice, that would be the [tdf-discuss] mailing list, for example.)

2) In the "Engineering Steering Committee" section, I would request to
add these two sentences: "The list of members of the ESC must be
published via a commonly-consulted public medium, and must be
maintained up to date at all times. The Community must be notified of
any changes whatsoever to the membership, composition and functioning
of the ESC through an explicit public announcement via a
commonly-consulted public medium."

(In practice, the list would be published on the wiki, and
announcements would be made to the [tdf-discuss] mailing list, for
example.)

3) In the "Advisory Board" section, I would request to add these two
sentences: "The list of members of the AB must be published via a
commonly-consulted public medium, and must be maintained up to date at
all times. The Community must be notified of any changes whatsoever to
the membership, composition and functioning of the AB through an
explicit public announcement via a commonly-consulted public medium."

4) In the "Membership Committee" section, I would request to replace
the sentence "This decision by the BoD has to be made public before
the decision enters into effect." with:

"The Community must be notified of any changes whatsoever to the
membership, composition and functioning of the MC through an explicit
public announcement via a commonly-consulted public medium, before the
decision enters into effect."

In my very humble opinion, these final small modifications would
ensure the openness and transparency that I know you all want to
implement.

Would all this be OK?

David Nelson