Hi, :-)

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 23:20, Nino Novak <nn.l...@kflog.org> wrote:
> 1) Is there any integration (planned?) with odfauthors or is it just
> about a new and different place to produce documentation (specific for
> libreoffice maybe)?

IMHO, it is in the best interests of LibreOffice project for the
LibreOffice documentation project to have its own workflow, expertise
and policies for LibreOffice documentation.

However, I proactively asked Jean Weber (odfauthors.org) to be part of
the Alfresco site and the LibreOffice documentation team. I invited
her to have an admin account on the Alfresco site, and actually gave
her one despite her only-lukewarm interest, to encourage her close
participation.

But she is very taken up with odfauthors, and does not seem want any
close involvement in the LibreOffice documentation team. I even
suggested to her to take team leadership of the LibreOffice docs team
two times in the past. But she's very much occupied with odfauthors.

In any case, no matter what similarities there might be between OOo
and LibO right at present, the two products are quickly going to
diverge. LibreOffice might as well start developing its own
documentation team and expertise now.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 23:20, Nino Novak <nn.l...@kflog.org> wrote:
> 2) what about the l10n people? Are they involved already or is it
> planned to involve them? Or is it just about to create "international"
> (i.e. English) documents (optionally serving as master for translation)?

There is every opportunity for interested l10n people to work with
Alfresco, and I have been intending to throw open an invitation. But
I've held back on that until a) the SC grants me a remit to operate an
Alfresco server for the project and b) I've been able to consult and
liaise with Sophie Gauthier beforehand.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 22:35, Jaime R. Garza <gar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> who is sponsoring your server?

No-one is sponsoring it. I operate it myself.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 22:35, Jaime R. Garza <gar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be your benefit?

The pleasure, interest and kudos of working for TDF and the
LibreOffice Open Source project?
Worthwhile professional experience?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 22:35, Jaime R. Garza <gar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And how can you warranty the uptime and performance and for how long?

The server is hosted in a high-quality, secure data center in the UK,
with all the security and backup systems you find in such modern
infrastructures. I can't *warranty* the server uptime and performances
beyond a best-effort, good-faith commitment and the guarantees offered
by the data center. But Open Source projects don't offer better, do
they?

For how long? Not beyond my death, in any case. Up to then, things
should be OK. But, seriously, I would always cooperate in all good
faith in a handover, and would always make best arrangements not to
damage the LibreOffice project's interests. I *care* about the
project, and I *care* about my reputation. ;-)

Florian, SC, please read my post below:

David Nelson