Hi,

as the SC is obligated to end it's existence, we need to think about BoD
elections.

According to our bylaws we have only one fixed period to consider: we
need to announce the elections 45 days in advance. But I think, we need
to have some more milestones in the process.

A rough draft for a time line might look like this:

-45    18.07.11    Announce elections
                   prepare infrastructure
                   document election process details ...
-28    04.08.11    freeze membership applications
-27    05.08.11    start nomination,
                   introduction of nominees
                   discussion with nominees ...
 -3    29.08.11    publish final list of nominees
  0    01.09.11    Start of elections
                   elections running
+14    15.09.11    elections closed
                   counting votes,
+17    18.09.11    publish result
                   time to appeal
+22    23.09.11    publish final result

I hope, this gives almost all of our members the chance to take part in
the elections (given the fact, that we have summer vacation time at the
northern hemisphere).

There is not much room to shift the elections or to have longer periods.
Unless we keep the SC in place for some weeks more - e.g. until our
conference - but I would not prefer to do so.

We should also not start much earlier, as we still need to have the
legal statutes for the foundation. We should have a "very close to final
draft" of the statutes before we call for nominations.

regards,

André