2011/7/13 Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>

> Hi :)
> Would his description be more accurate if someone changed it from ...
> "David is the LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
> "David is a LibreOffice community representative in         Brazil."
>
> It is difficult to claim someone is representing any community accurately
> as the
> whole point about a community is that there are many diverse, probably
> conflicting, opinions and representing all those opinions in a fair way is
> very
> difficult and possibly unlikely to happen.  We do what we can but never
> achieve
> perfection (hopefully).  It is even difficult if the community votes on who
> is
> to 'represent them'.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)

Hi Tom.

In my view, anyone who contribute is a "community representative", mainly
TDF members. When someone describes himself as "community representative",
he's taking a "title" that doesn't belong to him. That could give the wrong
impression he's "in charge" of community's public relationships, when he's
not.

But I also think this discussion is taking a wrong path. I don't think we
must "judge" people for what they've done at this very moment. I think
Claudio's comment was made only to advise MC that this issue could become
"ugly" under brazilian community's eyes, with David in MC. It *could*, but
it doesn't mean it *will*, right?

Rgds

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and the
peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher