From: Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Wed, 10 August, 2011 9:45:50
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] decision on screenshots

Hi,

Florian Effenberger wrote (10-08-11 10:21)

> To bring this topic to an end, I tried to incorporate all changes into
> the following statement - thoughts welcome:
>
> ==
> Screenshots for documentation, website and marketing should preferably
> be taken on GNU/Linux, but may also be taken on any other operating system.

OK

> The Steering Committee acknowledges that there is a small legal risk
> involved for screenshots on non-free operating systems, but it feels
> that the legal risk involved is no greater than other theoretical risk
> free software projects face.

The Steering Committee notices there are discussions about a small legal risk
involved for screenshots on non-free operating systems, but does not feel the
need to make any advise on this and also takes no liability whatever in this
matter.

> The Steering Committee recommends a consistent visual appearance (e.g.
> theming) for the screenshots taken on the selected operating system. It
> is up to the LibreOffice community how to achieve that consistency.

OK

> ==

--  - Cor
- http://nl.libreoffice.org