Hello Ian, Tom, Paulo,

2011/9/13 Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>

> > > The general notion here was that
> > > having a separate Base list would not serve the purpose - so what
> > > other, concrete proposals are there to discuss within the SC?
> >
> > The general notion you're saying, IMHO, comes from people who are not
> > directly involved in Base's issue itself. How many of those people who
> are
> > saying "no" to the creation of the new list will be directly working on
> > Base?
> >
> > > If there are none yet, I'd indeed appreciate it if general
> > > brainstorming would *not* happen on this list.
> >
> > Maybe you should invite people who are willing to contribute on Base to
> > jump
> > in this discussion, wherever it should happen.
> >

> Why would a Base list not help? It would at least provide a potential
> focus?
> So providing a Base list seems like a concrete proposal :-)

Concrete proposals are:

- a bugfix
- a patch for a new feature (might be matching one or more easy hacks)
- bug reports
- UX testing
- marketing collaterals
- Design Requests For Enhancements studies
- documentation writing
- localization work

The rest is not a concrete proposal. A concrete proposal of a new mailing
list is nothing. It's an invitation to talk, and talk is *very cheap*.
Talking is not doing. Talking is not contributing. As far as I can see no
one of the "several volunteers demanding a Base mailing list" are doing
anything of the above. You have a patch? you have code? you have bug
reports? Do you have anything of the above? If you have anything of the
above, you will realize something: it's already happening  and being
documented through a mailing list :-)

Thanks,

Charles.