+1

(see below)

Em 22-09-2011 05:40, Florian Effenberger escreveu:
Hello,

Italo Vignoli wrote on 2011-09-21 20:08:
I therefore ask other Steering Committee members to approve this
expense, as I would like to apply for reimbursement @ SPI as soon as
possible.

+1

Which, however, brings me to two points:
1. Some account balance at SPI would be nice, so we know what we can spend

Yes, but a budget for the spending should be in place. That is fundamental to understand the limits of the spendings and will be the ultimate criteria for refusing a demand.

2. Should we come up with some sort of travel refund policy, at least a preliminary one?

Absolutely. Usual best practices apply. My take:

1) always through expenses report (no valid proof of purchase, no refund),
2) limited spending per day  on food, accomodation and local transportation.
3) approval in advance by the SC/ BoD simple majority.
4) other fees under request (e.g. tickets, registrations fees for business events, etc...)
--

Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation