Hi all,

> Not really - it's 3 weeks from candidate introduction to end of
> election, compared to 2 weeks for the usual MC meeting cadence.
>
> I agree that there are no strong, hard arguments for or against
> either procedure, I just have the impression it appears much cleaner
> to suspend MC work during election.

I agree with Thorsten.

Waiting 3 weeks, in the worst case, for your membership to be approved
because there are elections, is not that much. Many other
organizations take longer under normal circumstances. And then you get
one year membership as everybody else so, in fact, if you don't
collaborate anymore, you win 3 weeks for free ;)

I don't consider the membership freezing a big deal.

--
Jesús Corrius <je...@softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member