Hi guys,

As you know, I have been operating an Alfresco platform for TDF since
around January 2011. This platform currently gets used by the docs
team, but would be a great tool for wider adoption in the project.

Given the progress with CMIS implementation within LibreOffice, I feel
that it would now be a good move to have the Alfresco platform hosted
on a TDF-operated server.

I'm willing to handle the move across, and to continue to administer
Alfresco as before (although there might well be new interest in
Alfresco from other LibO contributors in the near/immediate future,
and there may be more people willing to actively contribute to
maintaining the tool).

It would require a VPS with about 15 Gigabytes hard disk storage and
2.5 Gigabytes of memory. That's a slight increase on what I'm
currently providing (12 Gb disk and 2 Gb memory) to take account of an
anticipated increase in usage within the project. If traffic gets
heavy, anticipate an upgrade to at least 3Gb-4Gb, but probably 2.5
will do the job fine right now. I'm currently providing a reasonably
high-performance server (dedicated hardware with no other traffic but
mine).

I'd need full root access - certificate and password - and I'd plan to
use Ubuntu 12.04. After implementation is complete, we could then
revise the security of the server and scale back the access to sudo
for all admins.

Would TDF be agreeable to / interested in this?

I may show up at the next BoD confcall to discuss the matter, unless
we come to a conclusion one way or the other here instead.

Anyway, all the best as ever, :-)

--
David Nelson