K, this is the amazing thing about Vanilla. It's actually black. Well, it's
actually more ochre-ish.

Also, I get Olvier's point about it being too cartoonish to use Vanilla; but I
retort: Google uses candybar names for it's versions of Android. Debian uses
Toy Story characters. I could find many more examples where software has a
"cartoonish" name.

The nice thing about Vanilla is that everyone implicity knows what it means;
plain, but it doesn't sound boring like plain, and Vanilla can be Vanilla, like
the ice-cream, or Vanilla the substance, which again, is black.

I would hope that HR/IT departments are not so irrationally reactionary to the
BLM movement that they would look so far into "Vanilla". VanillaForums software
might be in trouble. Meaningful engagement with their employees on issues such
as racism is a better goal:
https://hbr.org/2020/06/u-s-businesses-must-take-meaningful-action-against-racism