Hi Telesto, all,

Telesto wrote:
> From internal perspective (so within the organization of TDF)
> LibreOffice is viewed, managed, and functioning as a project.

and

> LibreOffice for the end-user is pretty often associated with a
> product.

True, that is a good description of the status quo.

I cannot speak for Bjoern, but what resonated well with me is the
"project over product" (or also called "community over code"
elsewhere) line.

Which says, to be successful in the long term, the advise is to
generally favour community needs over user needs (and as a corollary,
also focus marketing on attracting more contributors, rather than more
users).

And I agree with that approach. Of course, a sweet spot & a virtuous
circle is when your community is motivated to build a great product;
and in turn growing numbers of users of said product can be won as
contributors. The discussion was not about that desirable state
though, but for the case that there is a conflict.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten