On 12/15/20 2:38 AM, Brett Cornwall wrote:

> Of note is that all of this has not been soliciting the feedback of the
> target audience. We need to know what works with the target audience -
> the so-called "freeloaders", the entire point of this change - to
> measure the effectiveness of such a change. Anything less results in
> wild speculation with an unknown result until the change is pushed and
> is "tested in production".

Actually, a panel representing the target audience was solicited, and
the answer was "personal". That proposal, which was considered as BS by
several people, was done for free by a friend of mine - a Senior VP of
Interbrand, the leading branding agency worldwide - on their panel of
naming experts.

Of course, as they did it for free on a friendly basis (it usually costs
from 50K US dollars up), we didn't get the usual report they produce for
similar naming projects. But for a bottle of Sagrantino and some salami
from Norcia (both from my birthplace) we couldn't expect it.

> While it's admirable that the contributing community was consulted we're
> only collecting data from a specific group of nerds, not the "real
> world". That "rolling" made it to final votes is a testament to that
> fact...

While "rolling" is a term associated to software releases only by nerds,
the "rolling" concept can easily be associated with something moving
forward by normal people.

So, if you de-couple "rolling" from "release", and couple it with "idea"
or "object" you get the feeling of what could be the positioning if the
choice was "rolling" (very similar to "advance").

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email it...@libreoffice.org
hangout/jabber italo.vign...@gmail.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0