Inspiring questions even when not running for they MC.  I personally still struggling  with concept of being a Member. Except for they @libreoffice.org e-mail and a vote. Similar with the task of MC. Formally keeping the BoD in line. They in theory can impeachment on or more board members. It this more checks and balances system.
It's not intended to be needed ever.

So they role is more in another area. Giving advise, feedback. Keeping in touch with members.