Hi Dennis,

Am 24.03.21 um 16:50 schrieb Dennis Roczek:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> Am 22.03.2021 um 15:24 schrieb Andreas Mantke:
>>> seemed the board increases the expenses for staff etc. for round about
>>> 50 % within one year.
>>
>> and you could compare that with the planed budget for community
>> projects, which get no increase and stayed at 20000 € (for the whole
>> world wide community).
> We are in a pandemic.
>
> The budget is based on the local communities which send out budget
> wishes.
>
> As most conferences and thus the booths are not taking place very
> likely in 2021 (or already canceled), many communities didn't send any
> or at least a very small budget wish. This is totally ok for the
> moment. Same goes for the travel expenses which is naturally not
> taking place at the moment.
>
> For example, the German community did only send a minimum wish. There
> are no meetings in 2021 at the Linux Hotel in Essen nor meetings in
> Hamburg or Berlin nor any real life conference (Rhein Ruhr, et all are
> all canceled, postponed or virtualized). You know the situation very
> well in German and Europe. How should the German community request
> money and especially for what?

and have a look into 2019, the last year without pandemic restrictions:

- community (project)  --  15.029,94 €  (plan was 30,000.00 €)

- staff  --  467.624,28 €

The budget for the community was also before the pandemic restrictions
very low.

And there is a further issue. There seemed to be a problem to even
execute on this small budget.

Thus TDF has to evaluate the reasons for this poor execution and make
improvements (especially for the time after the corona pandemic). If TDF
will dodge on this topic, there will be from my opinion no valid reason
to complain about a 'shortage' of volunteers in the LibreOffice project.

Regards,
Andreas