hi Florian,

On 03.02.22 14:30, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hello everyone,

the below mail is a bit older - Christmas break and some other tenders came in between, so I get to this only now.

Florian Effenberger wrote on 01.12.21 at 15:30:

(2)
The search result from item "Required 2." contains Meta-issues. Expanding them results in 80 issues.

Using Whiteboard as search criteria has no advantage compared to the Meta-issues. And I think both, Whitheboard search or Meta-issues, are not suitable for a tender, but a tender needs to list the issues explicitly.

The list from Whiteboard search and Meta-issues needs to be examined and prioritized manually.

This is taken from the specification at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Budget2021#Cleanup_.26_further_improve_ODF_conformance

I fear answering that question is beyond my skills. ;-) Does it make sense to bounce this question back to the ESC for further specification?

Was there any further discussion or feedback on this? If the list mentioned there is fine, I replace item 2 from the tender with it. If we're unsure whether that meets the budget or not, as the person days are listed in the tender, we can add a note along the lines of "Please propose a subset and prioritization of these bugs, that do not exceed the person days factored in for this tender, see below."

thanks for reminding me, due to too much vacation i forgot but now i just provided some feedback about some of the issues to Regina.

i haven't thought about how much time the selected issues would require yet, it's possible it might still be more than the budget which the BoD wants to spend, so i guess a fixed budget and then apply for a subset of the issues makes sense.