Hi Emiliano!

Many thanks for your work on this document, which is very useful. I do
think a tool for Trustees to discuss Foundation matters is very important
and I largely agree with your analysis. I also agree with your evaluation
that Decidim is a very raw tool that needs a lot of shaping - which is a
necessary aspect given it is intended to facilitate the full
democratic process for cities, states and nations.

In a spirit of general support for your proposal, I do have some questions
and as we don't have a collaboration tool yet I have to ask them here!

   - You mention that Decidim is not the only potential tool, and assert
   that analysing the internal processes is more important than evaluating
   which tool to use. I definitely agree that a specification should come
   first. I wonder if you can tell us briefly why you already picked Decidim
   over the other well-known tools (specifically Consul and LiquidFeedback)?
   - With only a few hundred Trustees our use case would be very small
   compared with most of the tool's applications (although I am aware that
   these tools have parts that are used by consultation groups). Are there any
   useful examples of Decidim (or Consul) being used for the tasks we are
   considering? I am not asserting a problem, just wondering if there's an
   example inspiring you.
   - Given the goal here is to widen participation beyond the current
   insiders, have you considered including some Trustees in the working group
   as well?

Thanks again for your time and effort on this,

Simon

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 8:18 PM Emiliano Vavassori <
syntaxerror...@libreoffice.org> wrote:

> Dear members and community,
>
> With the present email I'd like to share a (slightly redacted) version
> of the proposal I made to the Board of Directors for the ongoing effort
> of implementing a platform for participatory democracy, Decidim.
>
> You may find all the details in the document at:
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/4BQ6S82PJqMb2YQ
>
> I am available, of course, to clarify any doubts the provided proposal
> will raise.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Emiliano Vavassori