Hi Paolo,

Paolo Vecchi wrote:
> Abstaining from voting on it as while the text could be a starting point it
> seems to make it clear that whatever goes in the "attic" will never come out
> of it as explained very well by Andreas Mantke:
>
> https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00373.html

I've just answered Andreas, and I believe he's not describing a
real-world problem, for actual developers of the kind of code hosted
at TDF.

Andreas has used github before, with forked repos from TDF's main
ones, and gihub issues for bug tracking. It really does not seem to be
a barrier.

> Before anything is put in the "attic" we should make an analysis of what we
> are hosting, open repositories for 12 months (if they have been frozen) and
> promote them to see if anyone starts contributing and then, after the 12
> months period has expired, evaluate if the repositories should be archived
> for good.

We should look at each request to atticize on its own merits. The vote
on the process has just passed (it's the ESC's and the board's job to
propose projects).

An aside: let's please continue the discussion with a separate subject
if there's a need; but ideally as a new thread. the vote here has
concluded.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten