Hi Regina,

copying Armin, who did quite a bit of work in that area -

Regina Henschel wrote:
> you are the contact person for tender proposal
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Budget2022#Unify_Writer_and_Draw_Images
> The topic of this tender proposal is not very clear to me. Writer-images and
> Draw-images have many differences. I have collected them in the document
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Comparison_WriterDraw_image.odt

Thanks, that's an excellent overview, and should IMO be a part of the
requirements for a potential tender.

> When working on 'Unify' it is necessary to know the final goal. It could be
> A) Elimination of Writer-images. Writer uses only Draw-images same as all
> other modules.

Yes, that's the intended final goal.

> I understand it so, that the item 'extract Writer border rendering & frame
> special code' would be a step for goal A, whereas items in regard to
> 'rotated images support' would be a step for goal B.

Don't quite understand the second part - since obviously draw images
can be easily rotated? But indeed there's slightly more work needed
besides just the border support (e.g. contour polygons and other
smallish bits and pieces from your comparison doc), to make Draw
images powerful enough to support all Writer features.

HTH,

-- Thorsten