Hi Caolan,

On 13/05/2022 13:51, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 2022-05-12 at 14:29 +0200, Paolo Vecchi wrote:
Hi all,

after receiving quite a few comments and suggestions it seems like is
time to publish what, hopefully, is the final version of the proposal
to add 2 in-house developers to TDF's team:

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/sfJeNq7H9GS8YPe
The project management section might imply something of a mentoring or
micro management role for the ESC which isn't really something that I
think it's suited for, if that is envisioned.
That is not envisioned. The proposal sees an interaction with the ESC to avoid overlaps but the mentors and our ED will keep in check the developers.

The commentary around targeting specific stalled/neglected areas of
development is appealing, I fear there may exist a general feeling TDF
developers will solve everyone's pet peeves whereas hiring to primarily
do a specific XY sets achievable expectations.
That's why there will be an interaction between mentors, ED and ESC to avoid that. If the ED sees that there are unresolvable conflicts then he will have the choice of involving the board.

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors