Hi all,

Am 8. Juni 2022 22:35:01 MESZ schrieb Thorsten Behrens
<t...@documentfoundation.org>:
>Dear list,
>
>Andreas Mantke wrote:
>> > Interestingly I cannot remember TDF ever tendering for LibreOffice
>> > Online work, can you please point me to the details?
>> TDF tendered in 2014/2015 the work for the Android editing, which was
>> explained to the board also as important for LOOL.
>>
>That seems to be a very technical argument (on both sides); in any
>case I doubt that a discussion of something that happend 8 years ago
>helps us in moving the developer hiring proposal forward.
>
>As such, lets please get back to the topic.

Because the acting people from that years hasn't realy changed I think that
gives a clearer view on their mindset and agenda. It's important to help
understanding the whole process in this thread.

>Paolo Vecchi wrote:
>> With a very odd timing the 02/06/2022 Mr Meeks added to the ESC agenda,
>> during the meeting, the request to actually kill LOOL. From the emails on
>> board-discuss it seems clear that that he doesn't want that in-house
>> developers to even thinking about reviving LOOL to make sure TDF cannot
>> promote even a basic version of it.
>>
>Same here - mixing lots of other topics into this discussion is not
>useful in us making progress.
>
>It is also premature, since the ESC is still discussing the
>matter. Debating the merits of the proposal should happen there, not
>here (for the while). Unless the board wants to run its own, competing
>motion for how to deal with the Online repo (which I would consider
>nonconstructive).

It is not constructive for the agenda of the acting members of the ESC. There
are a lot active members with a CoI in the LOOL topic. Thus if they further act
to force a decision in their direction and the board stops that not immediately
it's according to the statutes time for the MC to step in (to prevent the
foundation from further damage).

Regards,
Andreas