Hi Uwe,

On 04/07/2022 18:22, Uwe Altmann wrote:
Hi
Am 28.06.22 um 20:39 schrieb Emiliano Vavassori:
I support that and I would love to hear a speech at the conference, possibly followed by a constructive discussion.

Uwe, are you candidating yourself?

I'm willing to prepare and moderate a session (similar to the one in Brno) If there is some interest within the community because it doesn't make sense to do this with three to five Persons new at the project as we had in Rome.

I believe it's important even if only the board is present as I have the impression that there are different views that are sometimes the cause of conflicts in the interpretation of what TDF should or should not do.

Then it would be great to have the sessions that I proposed for the board meeting in Berlin to explain a few things:

- the reasons why we have a CoI Policy and how it intersects with board decisions and charitable status - the duty of the member of the board to take decisions for the benefit of TDF and not third parties - what fiduciary duties are and how they affect board members from a point of view procedures, tasks and legal liabilities - the duty of the member of the board to take informed decisions not just sending a +1 without checking potential issues related to a proposal - maybe also a link to the announcement of the creation of TDF may provide a hint about the ideas behind the Foundation and its ethos (https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2012/02/20/the-document-foundation-officially-incorporated-in-berlin-germany/)

That could help new members of the board in understanding what they have to take in consideration while performing their duties.

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors