Hi Andreas,

On 01/09/2022 20:22, Andreas Mantke wrote:
I think there should be clear rules that there should not be any
barriers or something similar in the LibreOffice vanilla code.

But once I saw the changes from 'lool' to 'cool' in the source code I
wonder why the ESC didn't discussed and stopped it.

I've noticed your suggestion after I sent my other answer.

I'm surprised that the ESC didn't contact the board to notify us that some changes were more like a "branding" changes that actual improvements necessary in LibreOffice core.

I don't know if the ESC could have done anything about it, I guess it's hard to spot a cool among many lool but then we'll have to notify all developers that branding, which on top of it break things for other projects, in core is not or should not be allowed.

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors